|Cast • Birthdays • Episodes • Events • Galleries • Guides • Polls • Pyramid • Songs • Spoilers • Studios • External Links • Aid Wiki|
|99 Problems but a Mom Ain't One|
|Season 5, Episode 1|
|Air Date:||January 6, 2015|
Girl Talk 2
Abby Got Served
The ALDC's fifth dance competition season is off to a rocky start when a key member disappears and cuts off all ties to the kids and moms. With one dancer M.I.A., Abby calls in an old friend to join the team. Abby's world comes crashing down when an ex-student threatens legal action and could jeopardize the ALDC's big plans for the season.
Sheer Talent in Niagara Falls, NY on October 11, 2014
|Freak Show||Musical Theatre||1st in Pre-Teen Group|
Sheer Brilliance Award
|Kalani||Dance Til' I Die||Specialty||2nd in Teen Solo|
|Kendall||Victorious||Contemporary||1st in Pre-Teen Solo|
|Nia||Streetstar||Specialty||2nd in Pre-Teen Solo|
|Chloe Smith||Everything Must Change||Lyrical||1st in Teen Solo|
Sheer Inspiration Award
|Once Upon A Dream||Pointe||4th in Teen Solo|
|Feed Me Diamonds||Contemporary||5th in Teen Solo|
- Mackenzie, Nia
- Chloe, Kendall
- This marks the first appearance of Kira and Kalani since Presenting My New Team.
- The group dance was inspired by American Horror Story: Freak Show, with each of the girls playing different roles:
- Nia: Strong Woman
- Mackenzie: Contortionist
- Kalani: Bearded Lady
- Maddie and Kendall: Siamese Twins
- Abby has said that the producers had something much crazier in mind for a dance (likely for the group), but she refused to do it, and traveled to personally meet the top person at Lifetime to get the regular producers overruled.
- A lawsuit was filed in Paige's name as plaintiff against Abby on October 9th or 10th, one or two days before this season-opening competition. The lawsuit's first and only cause of action stated: "16. Defendant MILLER intentionally engaged in conduct that caused Plaintiff PAIGE HYLAND to reasonably believe that she was about to be touched or harmed in an offensive manner, namely by hit by [sic] a chair thrown by MILLER." Video from this incident comes from Night of the Living Dancers.
- A previous lawsuit had been filed in February, by lawyers (the same as above) representing Kelly, Paige and Brooke as plaintiffs. More about this lawsuit can be found here.
To view the gallery for "99 Problems but a Mom Ain't One", click here.
To view the video gallery for "99 Problems but a Mom Ain't One", click here.