|Cast • Birthdays • Episodes • Events • Galleries • Guides • Polls • Pyramid • Songs • Spoilers • Videos • External Links • User Blogs • Aid Wiki|
|Candy Apple Showdown|
|Season Three, Episode Eighteen|
|Air Date:||April 30, 2013|
|Viewers:||1.979 million, 0.8 rating (18-49)|
The View From the Top
The Mother of All Specials
In a two-hour episode, Abby's dancers compete with Candy Apples in New York. Abby plans to wow the judges with a group dance on an important topic. Cathy relies on Anthony's choreography to keep her on top. Kelly takes Brooke to a music producer, while Chloe and Paige read lines for a talent agent. The team gets in trouble with Abby after ice-skating. The moms wonder if an argument between Christi and Kristie will end in physical violence. At the competition, Cathy and Anthony criticize Paige from the audience. Abby announces she is looking to purchase property in Los Angeles for a new studio.
|Children with Guns / Runaways|
|Maddie||I'm On My Way||Lyrical||1st|
|Kendall||Hands Up||Latin Jazz||4th|
|Dia de Los Muertos||Contemporary||1st|
|Illusions of Dance||Acro||1st|
- This episode is a continuation of The View From the Top, and has no separate pyramid.
- The ALDC group dance is named "Runaways" on the show, but was reported as "Children with Guns" at the competition. The audio from a competition video reveals music interrupted with news-style announcements on victims of gun violence. This was named by Chloe as her least favorite group dance due to the ending. (The unedited version ends with Chloe shooting Maddie.) Before the broadcast, Christi was uncertain what the already finished performance would be called due to its controversy.
- In the episode Bullets and Ballet, Holly objects to the group dance, and Abby responds that she had done "Children with Guns," and that it had won everything. In Tell All, Part 1, the group dance from this episode is re-performed, and Abby says she had done this piece twelve years ago, when the issue was in the headlines.
- The solos by Chloe and Zack were tied in points, with a tie-breaker going to Zack on the basis of technical score.
- This episode was originally broadcast in a two-hour format.
- In the hour-long version, Kendall's solo is cut.
- Cesar Rocha of Telsey & Co. casting has Chloe and Paige read acting lines. Cesar previously appeared in the first season episode When Stars Collide.
- This episode was filmed over the same competition week as The View From the Top.
- This is the first time producers have created three hours of broadcast footage from a single competition week. Previous times they have created more than ninety minutes of footage from one normal competition week include the single episodes Camouflaged Maneuvers and The Apple of Her Eye; the temporally-connected episodes The Runaway Mom combined with Topless Showgirls; and the similarly connected The Smoke Before the Fire combined with Boys Are Cuties, Girls Have Cooties. (Both season two reunion episodes were also filmed together, although with no competition at the time.)
- Paige was actually twelve at the time of this episode.
- The music producer Brooke and Kelly visit is Wally Brandt, one of the three founders of We3Kings Music. In There's Only One Star, Melissa had coffee with Seven Williams, another of the founders.
- This is the second time Cathy brought a girl into the Apple Cores group.
- On the day of the event, Abby asked on Twitter if others had heard of age divisions as "5-9, 10 to13, 14-16, 17-19"; and if she was being scammed.
To view the gallery for "Candy Apple Showdown", click here.
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/01/tuesday-cable-ratings-tosh-0-wins-night-nba-playoffs-deadliest-catch-the-game-inside-amy-schumer-dance-moms-more/180434/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DanceMomsTour/status/304734857873997824
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DanceMomsTour/status/305317225131278338
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeiE9pG_AoE#t=6m00s
- ↑ http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/dance-moms-candy-apple-showdown/EP014266580068?aid=tvschedule
- ↑ http://www.broadwaydancecenter.com/workshops/mtwi/index.shtml